Sunday 14 June 2009

Naked Bike Ride in London - PICTURES!!!

So there I was yesterday (Saturday 12th) casually strolling through the back streets of Savile Row, London - with my tailor, as it happens - and suddenly we were confronted by this.....

...yes, that's right: loads and loads of...bicycles. Look at them! Big ones, small ones, some brand new, quite a few in not-so-great condition, some with bells on, some with big horns on....lots of 'em....Bicycles.

OK, so it was a Naked Bike Ride (I think it's the first in the capital?).

Naturally, I had to whip out my trusty...er...mobile phone to capture the moment.

There were about three thousand of them and they just did not stop. They held up the traffic for over twenty minutes while they all streamed through.


Occasionally they would stop (the corner here proved a bit of a bottleneck) and suddenly one woman shouted at me "Look! People with clothes on!"





I replied: "Yes, well, you see one, you've seen 'em all".




I came away thinking: 'Only in London or New York...or maybe Sydney could this happen'.



At least it was a beautiful sunny day for it.










I did see a few curious piercings, however...








Click on the photos, they will open out to their full glory - believe me, I did it and never realised the pictures would come out THIS big!

4 comments:

Timothy Steiner said...

An homage to Queen perhaps?
The band, not the old lady at Buckingham Palace.

Abe Lucas said...

Some of those guys are really bent out of shape!

Anonymous said...

I am disappointed! Some of them had clothes on and some of them don't seem to understand what 'nude' means by keeping their pants on, etc!

LOL at the man in the front of the third pic before last!

Anonymous said...

Well all I have to say is- it doesn't look like the London I remember...hah!

And possibly I'd share a glass-O-Industrial Chardonnay with the Lass in the first photo- BAH!